Today is National Girlfriends Day, according to at least one website. According to the United Nations website, yesterday was the International Day of Friendship, with yet another source or two claiming that many counties, including India, celebrate it as Friendship Day on the first Sunday of August. There is also a Women’s Friendship Month (September), National Women’s Friendship Day (third Sunday in September) and International Friendship Month (February). And the fun doesn’t stop there. “Old Friends, New Friends Week” is the third week of May.
The Marys are thrilled to have their book Mary & Me: A Lasting Link Through Ink released during September, a month when two of those “holidays” fall. We are also taking full advantage of tomorrow’s Friendship Day by hosting one of our first appearances as co-authors at The Bread Basket tearoom in Manchester. With a free “friendship tea” from 2:00-4:00, and an author reading at 2:30, it is our way of celebrating both friendship and our upcoming book release. As for Women’s Friendship Month, we have two big launches planned, as well as a friendship tea, and several “Letter-Writing 101” workshops. October promises to look just as busy, and there is even a “Mary & Me” event already scheduled for November.
We have something besides friendship to celebrate this week, and that is the announcement from our publisher that Mary & Me will be released in Australia in the spring! What exciting news~
To celebrate this news, along with Friendship Day, we’ve decided to hold another drawing. One lucky winner, drawn at random on the morning of Tuesday, August 4th, will receive all this:
- a signed copy of Mary & Me: A Lasting Link Through Ink
- a sheet of forget-me-not stamps
- a folio of flower-themed stationery with envelopes
- 2 notepads
- five new greeting cards, made with recycled paper that has flower seeds embedded into it
- a new hardcover book from the lovely Victoria magazine, Writing Personal Notes and Letters
- $10 Amazon gift card
How do you enter? Simple. Follow these four steps for your chance to win:
- Go to our Facebook Page. Click HERE
- Become a fan of our page by clicking on “LIKE”
- Comment underneath the drawing link
- Then “Share” that post on your Facebook page
One name will be chosen from the entries and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 4th, our Facebook page and blog.